Friday, October 5, 2007

Is It Possible?



My question is, is it possible to be scared to death, worried, sad, and proud at the same time. Only a mother can know what it feels like to have a child who wants to join the military. My first thought is - NO NO NO, then I realize that it is not my choice. It has been his dream for as long as I can remember. Our country needs men like him. Hard working, honest, spiritual, brave, and willing to serve. So why is it so hard? He is doing everything right, everything we have asked of him - even though sometimes it has been hard for him. But he did it. Is it possible to find miracles in all of this? Perhaps the $351.51 check he lost last October that just magically appeared in the car when he was out of money. Or the high score he got on the Military Practice Test that told him - He could do this. What about the job he is eligible for that is only available for 6 men a year. Maybe the fact he can stay in school and still serve. So with my heart beating so hard and my mind going crazy and my stomach in knots and with as much support as I can muster - I tell him Follow Your Dream Son, You Can Do It - Just Believe!!

2 comments:

Laura Jex said...

Nice blog! I love the purple.

Cori said...

I love all the flowers!!! Just need to get something on the other side pictures of you with kids and stuff i dont know. And as for the big B. I think all we can do is pray for his safety. And let him follow his dream. However scary it might be for the rest of us