Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What If It Really Was a Sniper?

Ok really kids, I know I am a hands on, in your face, you better do what's right kind of a mother but really - you didn't have to take me out going 70 miles an hour on the freeway. Besides you aren't a very good aim. You hit the sliding door window - shattered it - and pretty much scared me to death. It took me a few seconds to figure out what had happened - by that time I had Whiplash and my heart was in my throat but I had enough sense to pull over to the left side of the freeway, put on my flashers and sit there and shake for a while. Not to mention the message I left your dad on his answering machine. He said my voice was pretty shakey.
( Where is everybody when I need them?)

Pretty soon I realized I was ok, and no one was around to help me. I put on my right blinker, merged back on to the 5 Freeway and headed on to my destination. Did you know that it is really cold driving on a freeway in the winter,
with no window and a car full of glass - even with the heater on?

Ok so maybe it wasn't a sniper but something happened that sucked the window right out of the van. I really was going 70 on the freeway and it pretty much ruined my day.
So I say what else can go wrong.
It happens in 3's they say -
#1 Gallbladder
#2 Shattered Window at 70 MPH
#3 Any guesses?
I guess the miracle in this is all is well!
Except our deductible is more than it is going to cost to
fix the window so we are out of luck on any insurance.
On second thought - maybe I have it all wrong - the Christmas Tree falling on my head could have started it all, if that is the case then 3 things have happened and I am all done... Could it Be??

3 comments:

Cori said...

holy moly mother, that is crazy. I will have to call you and get the details. And I'm pretty sure that you are right about the tree. it all started then. So maybe you are done with the bad stuff and now something really good will happen, lets pray for that!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!
I cant imagine having that happen while driving. I am SOOO glad you were able to pull over safely!!!
I agree with cori... Bad luck is over for you!
Time for fun things to happen and may it start with safe traveling to Utah for a needed vacation. Yay!

Cori said...

Mom I keep waiting for you to update with pictures from snowmobiling. IF you don't want to put them up here will you email them to me?